Huge Collection of Informative Essay Topics for School and College Students.
Image Source: trekkingtheplanet.net
1. Informative Essay on Nasıl Yazılır
2. Informative Essay on Global Warming
3. Informative Essay on Oprah Winfrey
4. Informative Essay on Lil Wayne
5. Informative Essay on Volleyball
6. Informative Essay on Vegetarianism
7. Informative Essay on Domestic Violence
8. Informative Essay on Computer Viruses
9. Informative Essay on Using the Surprising-Reversal Strategy
10. Informative Essay on the Great Depression
11. Informative Essay on Teenage Pregnancy
12. Informative Essay on the Holocaust
13. Informative Essay on Texting and Driving
14. Informative Essay on Tattoos
15. Informative Essay on Tanning
16. Informative Essay on Tennis
17. Informative Essay on Titanic
18. Informative Essay on Smoking
19. Informative Essay on Soccer
20. Informative Essay on Stress
21. Informative Essay on Shakespeare
22. Informative Essay on Snowboarding
23. Informative Essay on Skateboarding
24. Informative Essay on Racism
25. Informative Essay on Photography
26. Informative Essay on Procrastination
27. Informative Essay on Pollution
28. Informative Essay on Prostitution
29. Informative Essay on Poverty
30. Informative Essay on Psychology
31. Informative Essay on Plastic Surgery
32. Informative Essay on Peer Pressure
33. Informative Essay on Obesity
34. Informative Essay on Organ Donation
35. Informative Essay on Childhood Obesity
36. Informative Essay on Nursing
37. Informative Essay on Nutrition
38. Informative Essay on Nike
39. Informative Essay on Michael Jordan
40. Informative Essay on Martin Luther King
41. Informative Essay on Michael Jackson
42. Informative Essay on Puppy Mills
43. Informative Essay on Lil Wayne
44. Informative Essay on Love
45. Informative Essay on Abraham Lincoln
46. Informative Essay on Serial Killers
47. Informative Essay on Kalıpları
48. Informative Essay on Konuları
49. Informative Essay on Steve Jobs
50. Informative Essay on Illegal Immigration
51. Informative Essay on Immigration
52. Informative Essay on Interior Design
53. Informative Essay on Iphone
54. Informative Essay on Italy
55. Informative Essay on Human Trafficking
56. Informative Essay on Halloween
57. Informative Essay on Hybrid Cars
58. Informative Essay on Homosexuality
59. Informative Essay on Health Care
60. Informative Essay on Hunting
61. Informative Essay on Holocaust
62. Informative Essay on Graphic Design
63. Informative Essay on Gun Control
64. Informative Essay on Gambling
65. Informative Essay on Gymnastics
66. Informative Essay on Golf
67. Informative Essay on Friendship
68. Informative Essay on Euthanasia
69. Informative Essay on Epilepsy
70. Informative Essay on Energy Drinks
71. Informative Essay on Eating Healthy
72. Informative Essay on Diabetes
73. Informative Essay on Drug Addiction
74. Informative Essay on Down Syndrome
75. Informative Essay on Drunk Driving
76. Informative Essay on Death Penalty
77. Informative Essay on Drugs
78. Informative Essay on Cancer
79. Informative Essay on Careers
80. Informative Essay on Cell Phones
81. Informative Essay on Coffee
82. Informative Essay on Childhood Obesity
83. Informative Essay on Cyber Bullying
84. Informative Essay on Culinary
85. Informative Essay on Caffeine
86. Informative Essay on Bullying
87. Informative Essay on Bipolar Disorder
88. Informative Essay on Breast Cancer
89. Informative Essay on Black Holes
90. Informative Essay on Bulimia
91. Informative Essay on Anorexia
92. Informative Essay on Autism
93. Informative Essay on Abortion
94. Informative Essay on Alzheimer’s
95. Informative Essay on Abraham Lincoln
96. Informative Essay on Alcoholism
The student would not make his piece of writing impressive without being involved in academic essay writing for years. Do you think that writing an informative essay is easy? It provides specific information on a subject-related topic without any attempts to persuade the reader in the author’s truth, but it offers some challenges. The list of possible informative essay topics is endless. The article shares the top-quality essay topic ideas based on the best academic papers submitted by the students worldwide.
MAKE YOUR CHOICE - BUY TOP ESSAY
Is it possible to overcome the challenge? A professional online essay writing service developed by the talented essay writers from different fields of study will help to overcome problems with your grades.
Informative Essay: Definition by Essay Writing Guru
An informative essay is a type of academic assignment, given to high school and college students to test the way they can provide information on a specific topic (global warming, hate crime, discrimination, fast-food, obesity, etc.). Compared to other popular forms of academic essays (persuasive/argumentative), the student should not try to convince the reader of his truth in an informative essay. It is the most effective academic tool of the high school/college teacher. It is used to evaluate various criteria:
- Knowledge of subject
- Set of skills
- Awareness of formats
- English proficiency
The greatest reward is the highest possible grade and improved great point average (GPA).
How to Write an Informative Essay?
The integral part of scientific/academic essay writing is a research, which refers to the systematic, smooth investigation of primary & secondary sources to present the facts on a specified problem. Modern students have a unique opportunity to use the Internet. It takes less time, nerves, and efforts than high school/college/university libraries used to several decades ago. The approach is the same.
How to Handle Research Process
While studying the available sources, it is important to notice the date of publishing (old sources are those that were published more than 5 years ago), whether the authority accredited the source, and how relevant the displayed information is. It is better to exclude sources that provide an opinion on the matter (for example, reviews or critical articles). It is better to choose the primary sources. They include:
- Books & e-Books
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
- Print newspapers
- Accredited websites
- Documentaries & movies
- Research papers
Remember to find & use facts alone. To provide a corresponding evidence in the context of your informative essay, insert either a direct or indirect quote with the help of quotation marks and narrowed reference in the parentheticals. Write down notes highlighting the main ideas. The goal is to inform. Save your time on providing facts & detailed descriptions instead of trying to persuade the target readers that your position towards the researched problem is correct while the opponents are wrong.
Professional Advice from Our Academic Company
“Split the entire information into 3 different categories. Those would be the history of research, the process of it, and the benefits of the discovered materials related to the field of study. Every category will become the focus of the corresponding body paragraphs. Omit any details that no longer fit into your informative essay. Send your ready draft to the professional online essay writing services to avoid any grammar/spelling/punctuation mistakes, plagiarism, issues with formatting, or other factors, which may prevent your informative essay from being excellent”.
Prof. Lesley, online tutor & essay editor from EssayPro
How to Write Informative Essay Outline
Once you decided on the topic, it is time to sit down and spend a couple of hours or more depending on the assignment’s volume on the informative essay outline.
What’s an informative essay outline? By having a clear plan of action, it is possible to avoid problems with an informative essay writing. Like a traveler lost in the forest without his compass, a student will be lost between the lines of his text without having an outline in front of his eyes. The instructions do not always tell to prepare an outline. If it does not say to insert a table of contents, the author should still carry out an outline to recall it each time he starts falling off the topic. The goal is to provide meaningful descriptions to educate the reading audience on the given topic. To understand how to write an informative essay, it is important to introduce data void of any type of bias.
Have a look at each stage of professional academic essay writing (an outline).
How to Write an Informative Essay Introduction
Introduce the topic by developing a shocking, engaging hook sentences in the beginning to grab the reader’s attention. It would be a great idea to insert a literary quote or famous people saying in the opening sentence. Try beginning with the statistics/fact. Another nice option is adding a simile or metaphor.
Work on a powerful thesis statement (include the main informative essay’s idea). Check whether the rest of the arguments relate to it. End your initial paragraph by stating the predictions for the future, rhetorical question, link to the next passage, or anything else to make the reader move to the second section being intrigued. Various transition words & phrases help to build links between paragraphs. Here is an example of informative essay introduction:
“It is 7 AM on a hot day in June, and I have already showered and taken my meal. I realize that the rest of the students are having dreams spending their best summer days the way an average student should when it is sunny outside. I do not envy them. With the huge enthusiasm, I hurry to my part-time job as an editor’s assistant at the local art magazine to gain new exciting writing experience!”
How to Write an Informative Essay Body Paragraphs
Do not come up with more than three body paragraphs & 3 main arguments to defend. Each claim included in the work should be supported by the meaningful, strong evidence retrieved during the process of in-depth research.
Keep in mind the structure below:
How to Write an Informative Essay Conclusion
It is necessary to finish the whole informative essay on an epic note in case the author wants the reading audience to remember his brilliant ideas and go on researching the problem. A conclusion should have a restated/rewritten thesis statement in one sentence. Add a meaningful summary based on 3 main points discussed in the body. It is a good idea to finish the informative essay with the exclamation, forecasts for the future, innovative ideas, rhetorical question, or quote of a famous person. It is all about leaving the last impression! Do not forget about one more page at the end – Bibliography!
How to Format & Reference in Academic Essay Writing
Combine the list of great informative essay topics above with these helpful tips & tricks to have an insight on how to write an informative essay every teacher will love!
It is time to say several words about formatting. Every informative essay instruction will have this point among the rest, so do not hurry to relax. Any format is made of 2 main parts. Those are direct/indirect in-text citations inserted in the body text & list of references, which appears at the end of the informative essay after the conclusion part. It is sometimes called References (in APA style), Bibliography or Works Cited page (in MLA).
An example of the properly referenced list of sources.
Heaney, Seamus. “Beowulf: A New Verse Translation.” W. W. Norton & Company; 1st
Edition, 2001. Print.
Swift, Jonathan. “A Modest Proposal.” Watchmaker Publishing, 2010. Print.
2 Informative Essay Examples
One more thing that a student might lack after reading the article is the informative essay examples. It would take a while to include the entire essay. Read some of the extracts from the most inspiring informative essays written by high school & college students.
It is a good example developed based on one of the top informative essay topics.
Bonus Informative Essay Example on Business
LET ME TAKE MY EXCLUSIVE ESSAY
Deciding on the Top Informative Essay Topics
It is a good chance to demonstrate a personal area of competence if the tutor does not assign a specific topic, leaving the right to choose one. It is not easy. The student has to conduct in-depth research on the most recent news to discover the widely discussed/debated problem in the society. An interesting title supports the right choice of topic.
The best students & professors from the top-rated colleges agreed to share their most effective informative essay topics with the readers of this post. We have divided the topics into separate categories to make it easier to follow.
Informative Essay Topics for College Students
- Informative essay topics associated with vegetarianism
- Computer viruses: types, causes, & consequences
- The usage and outcomes of surprising-reversal strategies
- Great Depression: Its role in history, causes, events, & results
- Shakespeare’s influence on the development of modern British literature
- Football vs. soccer: Their differences & role in sports
- How does the United States handle racial issues?
- Is it possible to minimize the level of pollution in towns?
- Stressful situations in the student’s life
- Measures people can take to reduce the level of domestic violence in the US
Good Informative Essay Topics
- Simple ways to decrease the rates of poverty in the United States
- Information students should know to conduct in-depth research
- Does placebo help to overcome real-life threats?
- How can one write a speech to persuade the audience?
- Why is thesis statement important in academic essay writing?
- Things people should create in XXI century
- Introduction to the world of Stephen King
- How to choose the best idea out of a pool of good ideas
- The time does not change population for better
- New world’s order
Informative Essay Topics for Middle School
- General information on how to compose music
- Interesting facts about the world’s wonders of nature
- Everything related to cooking a fish
- Words that can best describe summer time
- Example of using mobile apps in the process of learning
- Plastic surgery: pros & cons
- Photography: Its history & development
- Several ways to stay healthy with the help of popular foods
- Drug addiction and how to get rid of it
- What defines the best friend: A philosophy of friendship
Relatively Easy Informative Essay Topics
- Three things every business startup should keep in mind
- Ways to find a way out of any legal situation
- Gun control: General information
- Methods to release from drug addiction
- Main causes of child obesity and its treatment
- Traits that make people with bipolar disorder stand out from the rest of the population
- Bullying in high schools
- Do preventive disciplinary measures in school help to improve students’ behavior?
- Who can help with informative essay writing?
- Will humanity ever create a machine capable of cloning people?
We have covered the best informative essay topics along with the essay’s structure, research process, and some other tips that help students around the world to succeed in their academic performance. Do you have any questions left? It does not matter whether you are a high school or college student – if you have no idea how to complete a specific informative essay, make an order at the official website of the leading online essay writing company in the United States!