- In What Major Respects Had Europe Changed By 1971 From The Situation I
- The Godfather by: Mario Puzo Review
- Dr. Gawande’s Respect for Patient Autonomy in Whose Body Is It, Anyway?
- Is There a Moral Obligation to Obey the Law?
- Important Values to Instill in Children
- Exploration of Shakespeare's Views on Kingship Through Macbeth
- Internal Revenue Code
- Ortance Of Following Orders And The Emphasis Of How It Applies To Unit Structure Including The Specialty Of A Soldier
- Should Students Learn about World Religions in Public Schools?
- The Reasons for Needing Good Parents
- Cultural Competency Improves the Quality of Health Care
- Belmont Report Citi
- Personal and Public Speech Skills
- A View From the Bridge
- Proving Ones Honor in The Iliad by Homer
- The Romans' Values were Honesty, Fairness, and to Uphold a Honor
- Educating for Character: How Schools Can Teach Respect and Responsibility
- Parameters of Ethical Decision Making
- Women's Fight for Respect and Equality in the Workplace
- ECT114 Week3 Homework
- Comparing the Culture of Cambodia and American Culture
- The Veil and Persepolis
- Bullshit Army Essay
- Ethics Case Study
- Theo 104 Biblical Worldview Essay
- Obeying an Nco
- Comparing the Forgotten God of Love in Robert Bridges’ Poem EPÙÓ and Anne Stevenson’s Poem Eros
- The Importance of Not Lying
- Prison Reform is Necessary: Must Focus on Respect for Human Life
- Crystal Violet Formal Lab
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Soldier and Appearance Military Appearance
- The Importance of Following Orders
- The Diminishing Southern Code in William Faulkner's The Unvanquished
- Libertarians Unethical in Respect to Poverty
- Muhammad Ali Is NOT a Hero
- People Should Follow the Code of the West, Talk Less; Say More
- Comparing People to Dolphins
- Nvq Level 3
- Gender Expectations in Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Nursing: Essential Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
- Keeping Close to Home by bell hooks
- Why the Rank Structure and Chain of Command Are Important
- Abraham Maslowâ€™s Hierarchy of Needs Essay
- Comapring Father/Daughter Relationships in King Lear and A Thousand Acres
- Bullying in Schools Today
- Investigation of the Thermal Decomposition of Copper Carbonate
- Family Values
- Professional Communition & Cultural Sensitivity
- Respect for Children: Stop Bullying in Schools
- The Common Rule and Human Research
- Booker T. Washington vs. W.E.B. Dubois
- Permissive Parenting
- Gatsby's American Dream
- How to Lead by Example in the Workplace
- Euthyphro-Plato: What is Holiness?
- Attitude Toward Elderly
- Demanding Obedience to Show Who's in Control: Angie Chau's Quiet as They Come and Guy De Maupassant's The Olve Grove
- Civil Disobedience, Henry David Thoreau
- Respecting Others
- Someone Who Has Influenced My Life
- Ethical Behavior in Public Management
- Cultural Relativism
- police service
- Social Values in To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Coming of Age in The Man Who was Almost a Man by Richard White Dave
- Effective Communication in the Workplace
- The Importance of Social Stability and Economic Freedom to Conservatism
- Pierre de Coubertin and The Modern Olympic Movement
- Three Day Road: Character Development
- How, if at all, does the liability of a university differ regarding references given to potential employers in respect of current students.
- Thai Language and Society
- Conflict, Power, and Influence in Interpersonal Communication
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- The Rate Law for Chemical Reaction Among Hydrogen Peroxide, Iodide, and Acid
- Analysis of Relationships in Their Eyes Were Watching God
- England and Spain´s Strategies to Conquer the New Land
- Sustainable Development and Globalization Are Two Popular Concept with Respect to Present Context. Is Globalization Is a Threat for Sustainable Development ?
- Discipline Teaches a Child to Follow the Rules
Regarding a sense of honor and self-respect:
Here are some resources for you. For the books that I list, you do not have to read the whole book; use the table of contents and the index to choose what is pertinent to your question. These references concern the restoration of honor through violence or the threat of violence. Your teacher may have some other method in mind.
Don’t worry if you do not have access to all of these references, for, if your high school is no more rigorous than was mine, your teacher will be happy if you use any one of them. Your teacher may be able to recommend one for you to look at (or your school librarian). Is there a nearby university library?
Save this bibliography, as it will make a good one for a research paper by yourself or one of your friends in your college history course.
Baldwin, Joseph G. 1853. "Justification after Verdict" in The Flush Times of Alabama and Mississippi. Find this one on the Internet.
Clay. 1861. "Farewell Remarks to the U. S. Senate upon Alabama’s Secession," Congressional Globe, (Jan. 21),
Crowther, Edward R. 1992. "Holy Honor: Sacred and Secular in the Old South," The Journal of Southern History, LVIII, 4 (Nov.), 619-636.
Eaton, Clement. 1976. "The Role of Honor in Southern Society," Southern Humanities Review, 10 (suppl.), 47-58.
Gass, W. Conrad. 1979. "‘The Misfortune of a High Minded and Honorable Gentleman’: W. W. Avery and the Southern Code of Honor," The North Carolina Historical Review, LVI, 3 (Jul.), 278-297.
Greenberg, Kenneth S. 1996. Honor and Slavery. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
Longstreet, Augustus Baldwin. Ca. 1835. "The Fight" in Georgia Scenes. Find this one on the Internet. I think the table of contents is screwed up so that you will have to scroll down through the pages to find this story.
Stowe, Steven M. 1987. Intimacy and Power in the Old South: Ritual in the Lives of the Planters. Baltimore: The Johns Hopkins University Press. Chapter 1 is "The Affair of Honor: Character and Esteem."
Wyatt-Brown, Bertram. 1982. Southern Honor: Ethics and Behavior in the Old South. Oxford University Press. I think chapters 2, 3, and 4 may be what you are looking for, and maybe the Preface, too.