Bakery Clerk Resume Samples
Bakery Clerks work in establishments selling baked goods and are responsible for taking orders, collecting payments, answering to customer inquiries, handling complaints, and assisting the baker with various tasks, like maintaining supplies. The most successful sample resumes for Bakery Clerks emphasize customer service orientation, excellent communication skills, being able to work in a standing position for hours and to lift heavy cakes, and good numeracy skills. A high school diploma or the equivalent is commonly seen on Bakery Clerk resumes.
For more information on what it takes to be a Bakery Clerk, check out our complete Bakery Clerk Job Description.
Follows proper handling of bakery goods including removal from ovens, packaging, labeling, logging weights, stocking tables and pallets.
- Validated weights and pricing with a scale printer machine.
- Consistently kept a clean and safe environment by adhering to all federal, state and local sanitation and safety requirements.
- Also handles closing and opening procedures for the bakery.
- Established and maintained open, collaborative relationships with the kitchen team.
- Set up and performed initial prep work for food items.
- Quickly and courteously resolved all guest problems and complaints.
- Displayed a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
Bakery Clerk/freezer Associate
Baked breads and pastries daily and packaged items for sale
- Managed bakery inventory
- Cleaned and maintained bakery work spaces and freezer equipment
- Completed custom cake orders for customers (decorating, preparing for pick-up, etc.)
- Provided excellent customer service to bakery patrons
Arranged the different food products on the shelves and window place of the bakery in attractive manner
- Maintained neat color coordination and decoration to improve the look
- Greeted the customers in pleasant tone and in friendly manner
- Ensured the bakery products served to the customers are fresh and stored under hygienic conditions
- Maintained stock of ingredients required for preparing bakery products
- Ensured safe storage of the products and the ingredients
- Made certain the food products are not subject to dust, moisture or tampering
Greeted customers by providing them with excellent customer service.
- Assisted customers in selection of products and responded to their questions.
- Took and processed special orders such: cake and bread.
- Trained new prospective employees on occasion.
- Stocked and organized supplies and controlled inventory on a regular basis.
- Crossed train in Seafood, Deli, and Service desk.
- Maintained work areas clean and in a safe environment following health standards.
Cake Decorator, Bakery Clerk, Asst Baker
Oversaw operations and staffing for the bakery department
- Planned daily and weekly production and staff assignments and scheduling
- Supervised bakery staff and provided staff training.
- Monitor quality of goods and services.
- Scaled, measured, baked product
- Reviewed and participated in full-filling daily custom cake orders.
- Performed weekly inventory of all cake decorating supplies for procurement of new inventory.
- A managed client relation by working with brides-to-be and aiding families in their process of choosing product for varies events.
- Collaborated with Bakery Manager in creating displays on a regular basis, and various catering crews to coordinate delivery and set up for especial events cakes.
Customer Service Associate, Cashier, Bagger, Grocery, Bakery Clerk and Deli Clerk
Trained new employees on how to use a cash register and cleanliness of their workstation
- Provided customer service by assisting with any complaints or answering any questions about the products.
- Processed money orders, cashed paychecks and operated Lotto machine to print out tickets.
- Managed inventory in frozen food and produce sections.
- Packaged bakery products, took orders, set up fresh bread products for the next morning and maintained a clean kitchen environment.
Courtesy Clerk/bakery Clerk
- Maintained the upkeep of the parking lot and areas around the perimeter of the store. Assisted cashiers when needed.
- Provided excellent customer service and assisted them with their shopping selection upon request, bag groceries and carry out. Checked prices, put away go-backs. Cleaned check stands and the areas around the non-selling foyer.
- Packaged, labeled and put out merchandise in the bakery department. Pulled merchandise, and maintained the upkeep of the bakery department.
- Retrieved shopping carts and performed price checks to verify grocery prices.
Comply with company's procedures, policies, and timelines.
- Excel in maintaining excellent customer service.
- Analyzed both of my failures and accomplishments to create a more steady, and affective work productivity.
- Won a free I-Pad, by achieving the set goal, with the number of sign-ups by customers for a computer program being promoted by [company name].
- Represented leadership skills by implementing new ideas to reduce sales loss, and increasing sale gains.
Provided courteous and informative customer service through over-the-phone, and face to face ordering.
- Consistently kept a clean and safe environment by adhering to all federal, state and local sanitation requirements.
- Displayed a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Prepared bakery and specialty products such as bagels, breads, and pastries.
- Correctly and safely operated all kitchen equipment in accordance with set guidelines.
Responsible for properly opening and closing department in a timely and efficient manner.
- Processing and completion of all daily orders with expertise precision.
- Provided an enthusiastic approach to customer service.
- Maintaining and meeting health department regulations on a daily basis.
- Responsible for filling shelves with product for order fulfillment.
- Pick from merchandise shelves for order fulfillment.
- Accustom to working shifts and long hours as needed
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.
Well done! Your resume has been submitted successfully! You will receive a confirmation soon.
An effective cover letter can significantly improve your chances of succeeding in your job hunt. To get the right employer to pay attention, your letter needs to demonstrate that hiring you will benefit his or her business. Hiring managers are typically very busy and tend to hurry through the many job applications they receive, so use our professional bakery clerk cover letter sample to learn how to get their attention quickly and effectively. The included writing advice offers some importance guidance as to the mechanics of creating an impressive letter.
Professional Bakery Clerk Cover Letter Sample
Create Cover LetterCustomize Cover Letter
Bakery Clerk Cover Letter Must-Haves
Convince employers that you are the right choice for the job by presenting them with a cover letter that is succinct and well-organized while including your most important qualifications. Your letter should not just repeat points from your resume. For maximum effect, choose a few achievements or characteristics that are most relevant to the position you want and explain how they make you a great candidate. Pay close attention to the job posting and use its language as a guide to tell you which characteristics the employer considers most important for job performance; be sure to include these keywords in your cover letter. Following the example of the professional bakery clerk cover letter sample, divide your letter into three concise yet informative paragraphs.
Best Action Verbs for a Bakery Clerk Cover Letter
As in the professional bakery clerk cover letter sample, increase the impact of your cover letter through targeted and effective use of vivid action verbs such as operated, produced, baked, cooperated, interacted, delivered, communicated, responded, and solved.
Cover Letter Text
Dear Ms. Simpson,
I am quick to learn, motivated, and personable. These character traits enable me to succeed in customer-facing positions such as your bakery clerk opening. In addition, my previous bakery department experience makes me a strong candidate for this job.I have worked at EFG Supermarkets for the past five years, starting out as a cashier and eventually moving to my current position as a bakery clerk. As a result, I am proficient in operating general store equipment such as the cash register and the intercom, as well as specialized bakery equipment, including ovens and proofers. I am highly committed to turning out top-standard product for my bakery department. In addition, my ability to get along well with others enables me to cooperate effectively with others on my team and to provide a high level of customer service. I remain calm and efficient under pressure and excel at interacting and building rapport with customers, even when they are having a difficult time, something highlighted in your job posting. My energy and positive attitude help me deliver consistently excellent job performance. Thank you so much for your time spent looking at my application. I hope I soon have the opportunity to tell you more about my qualifications in person.